Jakub - Pole currently in the Netherlands

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

wiekiera
Newbie Member

Jakub - Pole currently in the Netherlands

Post by wiekiera » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:22 pm

Hi All,

I am a mechanical engineer and new qcad pro user. I have switched recently from Draft Sight. I have used Draft Sight since 2007 as a hobby as well as professional tool. It used to be free of charge in basic version for a small businesses. Well, it isn't any more. I have purchased qcad pro version as a hobby tool after trying other open source alternatives that were not to my taste. I must say that I love qcad, it is very easy to use and I appreciate the fact that it supports model and paper space. I might drop a topic here from time to time.

For now I have question/advice request. Since switching to qcad I have noticed only one "shortcoming". Namely, there are no GD&T / ISO GPS symbols. I am wondering if anyone here knows an open/free library of those symbols. If no I have an idea to download the symbols in svg format from wikipedia and create a cxf font file with the symbols. But it would be easier to have a ready to use alternative :D .

Greetings,
Jakub
Windows 10; QCAD 3.26.2 Pro.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Jakub - Pole currently in the Netherlands

Post by andrew » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:08 pm

Thanks for your introduction and feedback.

This looks indeed like something that might benefit more users. I'll look into the possibilities to add this for a future version. For now, I'd create reusable blocks for such symbols.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:40 pm

Experimental GD&T tolerances and datum identifier support has been added to QCAD in the current snapshot release 3.24.3.10:

https://qcad.org/doc/qcad/latest/refere ... /Tolerance
https://qcad.org/doc/qcad/latest/refere ... /doc/Datum

wiekiera
Newbie Member

Post by wiekiera » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:03 pm

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for adding the features. I have tested it a bit. It seems to work just fine.
Out of curiosity I have also opened my previous drawings with geometrical tolerances made in DraftSight.
The tolerance frames and datum indicators are flawlessly recognized by 3.24.3.10 snapshot.
Windows 10; QCAD 3.26.2 Pro.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”