[solved] QCADCAM Crashes when starting up

Discussions around the CAM Add-On of QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Indicate the post processor used.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

cmh31909
Newbie Member

[solved] QCADCAM Crashes when starting up

Post by cmh31909 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:49 pm

I am trying to run the QCADCAM 64 bit version under Windows 10 x64. When I start the program, I get the splash screen showing it loading all of the plugins. When it gets to around 67% (Gerber stuff), the program crashes. I get the following exception:

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFC5F51C706 (MxMGLV64.dll) in qcad.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000003304318. occurred

I also loaded the 64 bit version of just plain QCAD and it works with no problems.
I also tried loading the 32 bit version of QCADCAM and while it does not crash, it does not display any of the menus, toolbars, or toolboxes. it displays only a black screen with the title bar.

I would really like to use the QCADCAM package, but so far, I have not had much luck.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: QCADCAM Crashes when starting up

Post by Husky » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi,

please avoid posting multiple identical post to the same topic - I deleted the other two ... :wink:

Which installation format did you use? msi or zip?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

cmh31909
Newbie Member

Post by cmh31909 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:56 am

I apologize for the cross-posting, I did not know which forum was the appropriate one.

The only option that I could find to download was MSI.

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:45 am

cmh31909 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:56 am
https://qcad.org/en/download
Scroll down ...

But that doesn't fix your problem.

Regards,
CVH

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:36 am

cmh31909 wrote:
I apologize for the cross-posting, I did not know which forum was the appropriate one.
Accepted. :wink:

cmh31909 wrote:
You will find the zip pretty much at the end of the download side - here is a direct link:
QCAD/CAM Demo
https://www.qcad.org/archives/qcad/qcad ... -win64.zip

I would recommend to start over. Please try the zip archive - it's working excellent on my Win10/64

To start over:
1. deinstall or delete on your system QCAD/CAM, you will find it below C:\Program Files\qcadcam-3.23.0-pro-win64,
2. delete the qcad3.ini - you will find it below C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\QCAD

3. download the QCAD/CAM version from the trial download side or directly via my postet download link,

4. unzip the version below C:\Program Files

5. To start qcad you will find in the qcadcam-3.23.0-pro-win64 folder a file called qcad.exe. A double-click on it will launch CAD/CAM in a demo mode.
To make the start the next time more convenient pin the qcad.exe to the Start menu or Task bar.

If you're done with testing the pro version and like to use it as a free community version then follow the instructions how to remove the demo add-ons:

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4668#p17085

If you like to buy it here is a link to the Rippensoft online shop:

https://www.qcad.org/de/online-shop

I recommend to test the demo intensive - that is the reason why they offer a demo ... :wink: )
If you decide to buy .... keep an eye on bundle prices. I have seen up to 50% rebate or so .... :shock:

Please keep us postet.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:35 am

Thanks Husky. However, the installer is very likely not the culprit.

This behaviour more likely indicates an OpenGL problem (OpenGL driver invalid, incompatible or not available).

Please remove the file "plugins/qcadgles3d.dll" and try again. Note that without that plugin, you will not have a 3D preview / simulation widget. To fix the problem, a working OpenGL driver would need to be installed. This can be daunting on Windows and is only really worth the trouble if you need the 3D simulation widget.

cmh31909
Newbie Member

Post by cmh31909 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:45 am

So it turns out it was a problem with the OpenGL and removing that dll did the trick.
Thanks to all those that replied!

Return to “QCAD/CAM”