Traditional CAD mouse pointer?

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

lphilpot

Traditional CAD mouse pointer?

Post by lphilpot » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Has there been any demand for the 'standard' X/Y mouse pointer as an alternative to the standard mouse arrow pointer?

Given my inexperience I can't enumerate any real advantages one way or the other, but it seems to be pretty popular in other packages. Then again, maybe it's just for AutoCAD compatibility / familiarity. I've seen in some programs where it changes to include the Z axis when in isometric projections, but that's about it.

Thanks.
Len
QCAD Pro

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Traditional CAD mouse pointer?

Post by Husky » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Hmmm - it works pretty good for me in QCAD. The cursor will change from Mouse Pointer to a Crosshair depending on the actual task and I have a bit of control of the Cursor shape below Application Preferences:
Husky-2017.11.17-01.png
Husky-2017.11.17-01.png (48.43 KiB) Viewed 6864 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

lphilpot

Re: Traditional CAD mouse pointer?

Post by lphilpot » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:34 pm

You're right - It does for me, too. I was just curious if there was a reason / advantage of having full-time crosshairs as is the case with several other CAD programs. For example, Draftsight, DoubleCAD, etc. show crosshairs by default, regardless of what's active (an arrow pointer shows up only when the mouse isn't over the drawing area). But there may be no real advantage to that.

Like I said, just curious.

Thanks.
Len
QCAD Pro

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”