Printing Some Layers in Black

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

dfriasb

Printing Some Layers in Black

Post by dfriasb » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:43 am

Hello all,

I would like to know how do you manage your prints with QCAD.

Usually I work with layers in different colours in model space; usually I use primary colours in model space to correspond to different thickness in black colour in the print file. I use also a few colours, like red, that don't change between paper and model space; so red would be also red in paper space.

Of course this is forcing me to have two different files for each drawing. One for the model file, layers are on "working" colours; and on the paper "printing" file, most of the layers in black, grey, and only some (like red) in colour. Any time I want to print, I need to copy ALL model file elements and paste onto the paper file (deleting all ones before). (This operation would be unnecessary in case of have the possibility of xrefs). I tried with blocks, but at the end it is easier copying and pasting for me.

That thing about double files is what I don't like; because it can confuse me when changes are made in one of the two files. So I sometimes don't know which file is the last modified.

There is also something good about this way of working: There are some layers that you NEVER want Visible on Paper space file. So, when the new drawing is pasted, you don't need to switch Visibility of this layers again... It's a "plotting" file.

I think about having a VERY VERY exhaustive list of layers file, one in colour (to model work space) and another in black and greys (to print), so that you can copy and past this list "Overwriting Layers" in order to change colours, but the point is that I use to create some new layers in new drawings (for specific stuff)... so this list is changing all the time... and this way doesn't work.

Any opinion about that?
Attachments
MODEL working file with Layers in Colours.png
MODEL working file with Layers in Colours.png (212.01 KiB) Viewed 2223 times
PAPER printing file with Layer in Black and Greys.png
PAPER printing file with Layer in Black and Greys.png (229.54 KiB) Viewed 2223 times
David Frías Barranco | architect
[email protected] | davidfriasarquitecto.es

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Printing Some Layers in Black

Post by Husky » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Hello dfriasb,

sounds complicated and I'm not sure that I understood the problem correctly but may I ask you why you can't use the "Greyscale Mode" or "Black / White Mode" in QCad for printing?
Husky-2016.12.18-01.png
Husky-2016.12.18-01.png (64.92 KiB) Viewed 2218 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”