about linetype

Discussion forum for C++ and script developers who are using the QCAD development platform or who are looking to contribute to QCAD (translations, documentation, etc).

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files, scripts and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

liguosheng

about linetype

Post by liguosheng » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:55 am

if drawing unit is setted to meter, after lines being drawn, their linetypes are setted to 'ACAD_ISO02W100', but their effects are not.
Also, if i want to set the entity's linetype by code, not by property editor, how cand do?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: about linetype

Post by andrew » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:14 pm

liguosheng wrote:if drawing unit is setted to meter, after lines being drawn, their linetypes are setted to 'ACAD_ISO02W100'
Line type patterns are always in mm. If you need larger patterns, you can adjust the document wide linetype scale factor (RDocument::setLinetypeScale).
Also, if i want to set the entity's linetype by code, not by property editor, how cand do?
See:
REntity::setLinetypeId
RDocument::getLinetypeId

liguosheng

Post by liguosheng » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:56 pm

Thanks andrew.
If an entity's linetype isn't continuous, only based on screen-based mode, its' effect is visible. However, its' lineweight isn't visible. that is to say, the effect of linetype and lineweight cannot be existed at the same time. is this true?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:59 pm

Not sure what you mean. Please provide files, screenshots, etc. to better document what you are trying to achieve and what the problem is, thanks.

liguosheng

Post by liguosheng » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:06 am

I want to draw a dashed line, it has line that is two units (that is to say 2 mm) and space whic is one unit (that is to say 1 mm), those length are real when they are printed. If the scale of drawing is 1/500, how can i set linescale?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:37 am

The drawing scale does not affect the linetype patterns. I.e. a dashed line with dashes of 2mm and gaps of 1mm always prints with dashes of 2mm and gaps of 1mm, regardless of the scale it is printed in. You can observe this in the print preview of QCAD.

liguosheng

Post by liguosheng » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:01 am

Thanks andrew.
In AutoCAD, the effect of dashed lines can be seen by linescale. In QCAD, how about linetypeScale? when is used it?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:58 am

The global linetype scale is used for all lines.

Return to “QCAD Programming, Script Programming and Contributing”