Unsatified with DraftSight so how about QCAD?

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

rodw
Registered Member

Unsatified with DraftSight so how about QCAD?

Post by rodw » Fri May 03, 2019 1:21 am

I'm a retired Design Engineer with many years experience of AutoCAD LT. I now wish to continue designing private non-commercial projects with a low cost alternative program. I've tried DraftSight (Free) and whilst working in model space is an easy transition after AutoCAD, I've found that paper or sheet space is full of bugs which, for me, makes this program unusable. Whether this has been corrected in the Pro version is an unknown and something I'm not prepared to investigate.
So I'm now considering QCAD and would greatly appreciate answers to the following questions before I download:
1) Can DWG files created by AutoCAD LT be opened by this program.
2) Does this program have PAPER or SHEET space into which a title block can be inserted with view port.
3) Is printing to PDF for A4 up to A1 possible to enable the creation of PDF files which can be sent to local reprographic shops by email for printing.

Many Thanks

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Unsatified with DraftSight so how about QCAD?

Post by Husky » Fri May 03, 2019 1:48 am

rodw wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:21 am
1) Can DWG files created by AutoCAD LT be opened by this program.
Yes. But the best way to be absolute sure is to test it by yourself with the QCAD Pro Trialversion :wink:
https://www.qcad.org/en/qcad-downloads-trial
rodw wrote:
2) Does this program have PAPER or SHEET space into which a title block can be inserted with view port.
Yes. In QCAD it's called Paper_Space
rodw wrote:
3) Is printing to PDF for A4 up to A1 possible to enable the creation of PDF files which can be sent to local reprographic shops by email for printing.
Yes. And all other sizes between and above those mentioned formats :wink:

QCAD Professional Features
https://www.qcad.org/en/qcad-documentat ... d-features
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Chat”