[solved] dashed lines arent showing even when new layer with dashed iso lines selecetd

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

vdanny

[solved] dashed lines arent showing even when new layer with dashed iso lines selecetd

Post by vdanny » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:38 pm

Qcad problems dashed lines

I can’t figure out why dashed lines aren’t showing, even when I create a new layers and select dashed ISO lines? I have windows 7 64 bit, and the lasted QCAD Version: 3.21.3.0 (3.21.3) Sep 17 2018 Revision: 4b91c8c Qt Version: 5.5.1MSVC++ 12.0 (2013).
Also, DWG drawing that have dashes in AutoCAD, only import as solid.
Also, I tried taking an existing line (Red color foundation layer) and changed to a new created layer via the properties editor windows, and tried drawing a line on that new layer. The color stays the same in both scenarios of changing an existing line to new dashed layer and or drawing anew line on that layer, and even though I’ve changed the color for the new dash line layer from red to black it still draws it as red even when on the new layer, why (hoping this is a hint for someone out there)???
Can someone tell me how to correct this or why this is happening?

Thanks, Danny

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: dashed lines arent showing even when new layer with dashed iso lines selecetd

Post by Husky » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:42 pm

Hi vdanny - welcome to the QCAD Forum.

Please check "Screen-based Linetypes" below Menu/View. Is it switched to "on"?
If that doesn't solves the issue please attach the drawing. Thanks.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

vdanny

Re: dashed lines arent showing even when new layer with dashed iso lines selecetd

Post by vdanny » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:56 pm

EXCELLENT! That solved it. Hope it plots that way :)

Return to “Chat”