Measurement font sizes different

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Measurement font sizes different

Post by andrew » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:55 pm

wendi: you are using the free QCAD Community Edition. This explains why some features are missing. I will move this thread to the proper forum.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:57 am

andrew wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:55 pm
wendi: you are using the free QCAD Community Edition. This explains why some features are missing. I will move this thread to the proper forum.
Ok, after that is now sorted ..... :wink:

@wendi: Something went wrong with your drawing dim settings - overwrite it with the same settings and it will work as expected.

Open drawing,
Right click on Layer "Measurements" and select all measurements on that layer,
Check the Property Editor for "Specific Properties".
The first field (which should be named "Linear format:") shows a setting named "Scientific". Use the drop down and change it to ...... Scientific. Yes, I'm not kidding or drunk - that is the correct "new" setting. Note: It needs to be new selected to get it to work! :wink:

Husky-2022.08.04-06.png
Husky-2022.08.04-06.png (16.66 KiB) Viewed 8984 times

Now you should be back to normal. Keep us posted. :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:08 am

Husky wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:57 am
The first field (which should be named "Linear format:")
Observed that too in the screenshot by wendi (in second place).
That would reflect that something is broken in the Property Editor naming ...
Has that been resolved with the proposed re-entry?
wendi wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:47 pm
I clicked the yellow arrow in the upper right corner of the drawing preferences box,
That would only reset the current active drawing preferences back to default.
But I asume that you did that in the Application Preferences there it turned of the 'Dark' mode.
The default User interface theme is 'Default'.

To fully reset your configuration please refer to:
https://www.qcad.org/en/tutorial-resett ... figuration
If you keep a copy of the QCAD3.ini to revert to, it would not hurt to try it out.
wendi wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:41 pm
Hi CVH. Can you explain your comment "The file format is R15." I have no idea what that means,
QCAD CE will only export files in the R15 format.
An overview of the QCAD features:
https://www.qcad.org/en/documentation/features
Features in blue italic are available in QCAD Professional only.
And that includes Styles ...
andrew wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:55 pm
wendi: you are using the free QCAD Community Edition. This explains why some features are missing.
Andrew, does that explain why Dims are suddenly drawn in Overall scale factor 1.5?

Regards,
CVH

wendi

Post by wendi » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:41 am

Thank you again to CVH and Husky. I selected all of my measurements, and changed the unnamed property from "scientific" to "scientific" as Husky suggested, and all of my fonts went to the same size! It worked, but... all of the arrow styles changed from "arrow" to "architectural tick!" New measurements correctly used arrows, but nothing I tried would change the existing ones. So all things considered, this "fix" is problematic.

Clearly, something has gotten out of whack in my drawing. To be honest, I realized days ago that I could simply delete and replace the measurements that had the incorrect font, but I wanted to understand what was going on, and I viewed this as a learning experience. Having now spent several days on it, and of course, taking up a lot of time from generous strangers, I think it's best to stop spending more time on this. I fear we may be chasing multiple problems, and will never get to the bottom of it all. I will simply replace the erroneous measurements, and move on with my project. Again, I really appreciate your efforts, and thank you all for your time. Wendi

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”