Unintelligible message

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

Marek C
Newbie Member

Unintelligible message

Post by Marek C » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:01 pm

Hello,

I'm using QCAD 3.27.1.0. Trial version, Win 10.

When executing the DRAW/Hatch From Selection command I sometimes get a message: "Loop not closed at point X,Y". In addition, a circle appears in the drawing at the error point. This is a normal behaviour of the program and I know how to deal with it.

However, this time I got the message:
"Loop not closed at point nan/nan" (nan = Not a Number, I suppose). Also, the error point is not marked in the picture. I don't know how to deal with this. I would be grateful for explanations and suggestions.

Greetings,

Marek.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Unintelligible message

Post by Husky » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:01 pm

Hi,
Marek C wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:01 pm
However, this time I got the message:
"Loop not closed at point nan/nan" (nan = Not a Number, I suppose). Also, the error point is not marked in the picture. I don't know how to deal with this. I would be grateful for explanations and suggestions.
To help you efficiently please attache the drawing or an example drawing which shows the same issue to your post. Thanks.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Marek C
Newbie Member

Post by Marek C » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:59 pm

Hello,

I have just finished slog away at this drawing and about half an hour ago I discovered the cause! As is often the case, it is rather trivial. There was just a small piece of junk left outside the drawing (a piece of arc not connected to anything else). It was visible only at high magnification and therefore I did not notice it immediately. I am writing about it because maybe this observation will be useful for some other user.

In any case - thanks for your willingness to help.

Greetings,

Marek.

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:51 pm

Marek,

(NaN, NaN) would be an endpoint of a Null-entity.
Indeed, a leftover from trimming or so.

I would be the advocate to not keep Null-entities nor Null-length entities.
Nor cast them. They are only meaningful internally.
My point is not backed in full.

The PRO version tool Detect Zero-Length Entities (MZ) would find them.

Regards,
CVH

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”