[Solved]Line command

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

MichiganMarty
Newbie Member

[Solved]Line command

Post by MichiganMarty » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:03 pm

Hi all, I'm a newbie to QCAD with a lot of experience in Draftsight, so - please don't hold that against me, and bear with me through this learning curve.
I am used to using the line tool by dropping the first point with my mouse and then giving a X,Y command to tell it where to drop the 2nd point. So obviously, my question is, "How is it done in QCAD?"

Also, Should I buy the pdf book for QCAD?

Many thanks in advance. I've read several posts here and everyone seems to receive the help they are looking for...
Last edited by MichiganMarty on Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Line command

Post by Husky » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:18 pm

MichiganMarty wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:03 pm
I am used to using the line tool by dropping the first point with my mouse and then giving a X,Y command to tell it where to drop the 2nd point. So obviously, my question is, "How is it done in QCAD?"
Make sure your command line is visible. (Shortcut GM),
drop the first point with your mouse, hit the space key to focus on the Command Line, type in your X, Y command, confirm with the Enter key. Done.

MichiganMarty wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:03 pm
Also, Should I buy the pdf book for QCAD?
The QCAD book elaborate a lot of the tools and common CAD praxis. Sounds like you have CAD experience but you have trouble to figure out how the tools are used in QCAD. That can't be that different to DraftSign what means (in my opinion) - no, no need to buy the book. :shock:

I recommend in the "Transition Period" switch the Status Bar visible and see step by step what a tool is expecting you to do. The User Manual below "Help" helps too. For someone with CAD software experience a piece of cake ...

On the other hand - Rippensoft is happy to sell you the really good (and I mean it!) QCAD book. Hmmm, you are now sitting on a fence? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”