Importing Ascii files

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

John W
Newbie Member

Re: Importing Ascii files

Post by John W » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:52 am

I have tried tomek's solution and the result is a mess with the labels being unreadable blobs all
positioned on top of each other. In any event, this project is becoming tedious and I will find something else to do.

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:45 am

Works for me with a little tweaking.
Survey points.png
Survey points.png (2.23 KiB) Viewed 6358 times
Regards,
CVH

John W
Newbie Member

Post by John W » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:34 pm

One needs to individually move each layer and change its text size. If you are happy with that, let's leave it there but how would any surveyor know about tomek's method? Without that knowledge, QCAD would appear inadequate to his needs.

Incidentally, is it possible to retain the old Import Points function after including tomek's script?

John W
Newbie Member

Post by John W » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:02 pm

I've got both the old and new scripts in the menu and running separately now. Surveyors also use a third system: N, X, Y, C for cadastral points and setting-out.

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:01 pm

John W wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:34 pm
One needs to individually move each layer and change its text size.
The case is that an XY, NXYZC or NXYC list has no info on font and fontsize, layer names, colors, and so on.

The spacing in the text placement was simply solved with 3 additions and 2 subtractions.

Code: Select all

setCurrentLayer ("number"); 
        addSimpleText(coordinates[0], new RVector(parseFloat(coordinates[1]-0.1), parseFloat(coordinates[2])), 0.15, 0, "Standard", RS.VAlignMiddle, RS.HAlignRight, false, false);
        setCurrentLayer ("height"); 
        addSimpleText(coordinates[3], new RVector(parseFloat(coordinates[1]+0.1), parseFloat(coordinates[2])+0.05), 0.10, 0, "Standard", RS.VAlignBase, RS.HAlignLeft, false, false);
        setCurrentLayer ("code"); 
        addSimpleText(coordinates[4], new RVector(parseFloat(coordinates[1]+0.1), parseFloat(coordinates[2])-0.05), 0.10, 0, "Standard", RS.VAlignTop, RS.HAlignLeft, false, false);
        setCurrentLayer ("point"); operation.addObject(point);
Regards,
CVH

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:18 am

QCAD 3.26.4 comes with a new tool to import point data with labels from CSV:
https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-importing- ... s-from-csv

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”