[solved] Rulers in margins

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

mogur
Newbie Member

[solved] Rulers in margins

Post by mogur » Sat May 22, 2021 7:03 pm

Noob here. Win10, Qcad 5.13.2. Just a day or two into the learning curve, but my rulers in the margins have disappeared. So, I fumbled around until I found-
Edit, Application Preferences, Graphics View, Appearance. Under Rulers and Scrollbars, there are two checkboxes, Show Rulers and Show Scrollbars. Both are checked. I have exited and re-entered Qcad many times checked and unchecked both boxes, and although the scrollbars show up, the rulers do not. Is there a magical incantation I'm missing?

EDIT: oops, just noticed this is the pro version forum. Forgive me, and would a mod please move this post to the free version forum? Thanks.
Last edited by mogur on Sat May 22, 2021 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Rulers in margins

Post by Husky » Sat May 22, 2021 7:55 pm

mogur wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:03 pm
Noob here. Win10, Qcad 5.13.2. Just a day or two into the learning curve, but my rulers in the margins have disappeared. So, I fumbled around until I found-
Edit, Application Preferences, Graphics View, Appearance. Under Rulers and Scrollbars, there are two checkboxes, Show Rulers and Show Scrollbars. Both are checked. I have exited and re-entered Qcad many times checked and unchecked both boxes, and although the scrollbars show up, the rulers do not. Is there a magical incantation I'm missing?
Please check the Grid settings below "Drawing Preferences". They are set to "Auto"?

Husky-2021.05.22-04.png
Husky-2021.05.22-04.png (72.04 KiB) Viewed 5034 times

mogur wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:03 pm
EDIT: oops, just noticed this is the pro version forum. Forgive me, and would a mod please move this post to the free version forum? Thanks.
Thanks - done. :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

mogur
Newbie Member

Re: Rulers in margins [solved]

Post by mogur » Sat May 22, 2021 11:05 pm

Thank you so much, Husky. I am happy to report that the minute I changed the Port 1 Grid and MetaGrid settings from 'auto' to arbitrary 'fixed' values, the rulers display came back. I am a bit startled by their appearance, though, in that my logic has a bit of a problem grasping why grid settings would affect ruler display, but so be it. Resetting the grids to 'auto' did not make the rulers disappear again, so I will continue with my learning curve, only slightly perplexed by this behavior.

Husky, you are a hero. And thank you also for your kind welcome post in the Introduction forum.

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”