(Solved) The Dimension feature is not displaying a numerical value

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

Omnibus
Newbie Member

(Solved) The Dimension feature is not displaying a numerical value

Post by Omnibus » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:12 am

I've downloaded and installed the 64-bit Windows 10 3.26.1 version of QCAD and disabled the "Pro" features (per the instructions) as I want to try it out before buying a license.

I've already run into a "problem" that I can't resolve. I am trying to add dimensions to a simple floor plan (outline) of my building and the system will not display the distances. According to the reference manual, adding dimensions to a drawing is not a "Pro" feature. I've watched several Youtube videos and based on some entries in this forum, and have tried editing the Label boxes that come up when creating the dimension, to no avail. I have also gone to the Edit Menu | Drawing Preferences | Dimension | Dimension Settings | to change the Font Label, but there is no data field for it. :( I can access it in the property dialog if I select the dimension line, but nothing I do there seems to make any difference.

I have also been trying to use the MEASURE tool but must not be using it correctly. It is NOT not listed in the User Reference Manual, at least I can' find it.

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks,

Bruce (Omnibus)

ASUS ROG Laptop, Intel i7-4700 HQ 2.40 GHz, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Ver 10.0.19042, Build 1904
QCAD Ver 3.26.1 Windows 10 64-bit
Last edited by Omnibus on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: The Dimension feature is not displaying a numerical value

Post by Husky » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:24 am

Please attach the drawing so that we can help efficiently. Thanks.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Omnibus
Newbie Member

Re: (Solved) The Dimension feature is not displaying a numerical value

Post by Omnibus » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:46 pm

I think I solved the problem. It was a scaling issue with the size of the font. I am completely new to this and had a hard time figuring it out, but I did!

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”