Invitation from OSArch

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

Duncan Lithgow

Invitation from OSArch

Post by Duncan Lithgow » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:11 am

I'm been encouraged by OSArch.org to invite someone from QCAD to come and present QCAD at one of our monthly meetings https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=Monthly_Meetup

We don't usually get involved in what a guest talks about, but it could be good to coordinate a bit.

Is this something the project would be interested in doing? Obviously it would be great if Andrew could join us, but if the community suggests someone else that's also fine.

Even though the discussion on the forum are usually around 3D software a number of us are very aware of the importance of developing and supporting drafting software - currently FreeCAD and Blender don't provide very good options. We're also quite aware that 2D CAD has and will always have a place in any workflow.

Let me know what you think!

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Invitation from OSArch

Post by andrew » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:34 am

Thanks for your kind invitation. I won't be able to attend but perhaps someone else from the QCAD community is happy to attend.

So, if you are reading this and are interested, just reply to this thread, thanks!

Duncan Lithgow

Post by Duncan Lithgow » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:00 pm

Ah, well, maybe some other time. We'd like to better understand how QCAD/QCAD CE play together in your business strategy. We want to support any project supporting FOSS.

So who else might be interested? Husky I'm looking in your direction. Andrew do you have some suggestions for who I could ask? Maybe drop me some names in a DM.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:30 am

Duncan Lithgow wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:00 pm
Ah, well, maybe some other time. We'd like to better understand how QCAD/QCAD CE play together in your business strategy. We want to support any project supporting FOSS.

So who else might be interested? Husky I'm looking in your direction. Andrew do you have some suggestions for who I could ask? Maybe drop me some names in a DM.
Hi. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the QCAD/QCAD CE business strategy. Me talking about that would be like walking on thin ice. That helps nobody! Sorry but for that reason - I'm out.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Duncan Lithgow

Post by Duncan Lithgow » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:58 pm

Husky wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:30 am
Hi. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the QCAD/QCAD CE business strategy. Me talking about that would be like walking on thin ice. That helps nobody! Sorry but for that reason - I'm out.
Hi Husky, I'm not sure I ever saw your reply for some reason. I don't log into this forum very often. There is no special reason to talk about the QCAD business model if that's not your thing. I'm just looking for someone who's a fan and wants to tell us about the past, present and future of the project. Can you be tempted?

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”