Aligned text or table

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

massimo

Aligned text or table

Post by massimo » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi, I try to write a text block with tabulator aligned text or something like a table.
Adding a tabulator adds some " " in the Rich text (Simple text disabled), it is some spacing but not aligned from one line to the other. How can I do that?
The only workaround I found is using appropriate spaces, and this requires using a fixed width font of course which does look as nice as the default font used for dimensions.
Community Version 3.28.2.0, Gentoo Linux on amd64

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Aligned text or table

Post by Husky » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:24 am

massimo wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:17 pm
Hi, I try to write a text block with tabulator aligned text or something like a table.
Adding a tabulator adds some " " in the Rich text (Simple text disabled), it is some spacing but not aligned from one line to the other. How can I do that?
You'll not like what I tell you ... e_surprised

QCAD in the current version doesn't support fancy text formatting.
A workaround for small tables could be:
Work with columns and align them left / right / center. On that way you can built a table with proper aligned text.

Husky-2020.11.02-02.png
Husky-2020.11.02-02.png (50.99 KiB) Viewed 4601 times

In this example I used for the first column aligned to the left, for the second column aligned to the right.

Will that make sense for big tables .................... nope. :(

Sure - you can also work with a Monospace text font but that looks most of the time like somebody found and used a historic typewriter ...
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

massimo

Re: Aligned text or table

Post by massimo » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:19 am

Please add support for the historical tabulator or horizontal tabulation (HT) or character tabulation, which in ASCII has the decimal character code of 9, before adding support for fancy text formatting :)
Thanks.
Community Version 3.28.2.0, Gentoo Linux on amd64

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”