Associative hatches?

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

lphilpot

Associative hatches?

Post by lphilpot » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:25 pm

Does QCAD support associative hatches? Or is there another technique to (effectively) resize a hatch, e.g., after stretching a hatched entity?

I thought I saw this question somewhere on the forums, but no amount of searching turned it up. I also searched the website for hatch and associative but found nothing (unless it's called something else).

Thanks!
Len
QCAD Pro

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Associative hatches?

Post by Husky » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:59 pm

Yes and no ...

If you use the Stretch tool on a hatched shape then the hatch will follow the new shape. If you use a rotation or scale tool then it will have also an (unwanted?) effect on the hatch. To fix that the Property Editor is your best friend ...

BTW: I would always recommend to put all hatches on a separate "Hatch Layer". Makes your life easier in the long run ... :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

lphilpot

Post by lphilpot » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:29 am

That's why I asked...

I had drawn a test rectangular shape on one layer, added a hatch on another, selected both and stretched them, but only the lines stretched. The hatch remained the same shape and size. That made me wonder.

But I just tried it again and this time it worked. Obviously I did something wrong before, although I'm not sure what it was. Maybe I didn't have the hatch selected, but both times I used a window selection and encompassed everything.

As as test, I window-selected the four lines and hatch, verified all were shown in the property editor, deselected the hatch only (used Shift+click), verified again and stretched the selection. The hatch stretched as well.

No idea what I did wrong before, but it's working now! :)

Thanks!
Len
QCAD Pro

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:03 am

lphilpot wrote:... but it's working now! :)
Glad to hear that. Just keep in mind that an operation like this involves two not connected objects. The shape and the hatch ...
Husky-2017.11.10-01.png
Husky-2017.11.10-01.png (10.38 KiB) Viewed 6267 times
... and the Reference points are overlaid.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”