Building for Raspberry PI and Wayland

Use this forum for all posts and questions about the free QCAD Community Edition version 3

Moderator: andrew

kmpm
Registered Member

Building for Raspberry PI and Wayland

Post by kmpm » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:29 pm

Hi all,
I am not so good with wayland, qt or c/c++ but I want to build qcad and run it on my Raspberry Pi 5, preferably with the qt libraries that comes with RaspiOS.

I'm well aware that this is not a supported environment (I use Windows for that even if I have to renew my license) but for me it would be great to be able and do some work on the RPi from time to time.

I have gotten as far as qcad compiling without errors but when I try to run it fails to find a shell integration. It tries to start but hangs and I have to end it with ^c.

Code: Select all

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./qcad-bin
QCAD version  3.29.3.2
12:21:14: Debug:    loading plugins...
12:21:14: Debug:    loading static plugins...
Warning:  Failed to load client buffer integration: "wayland-egl"
Warning:  Available client buffer integrations: ()
Warning:  No shell integration named "xdg-shell" found
Warning:  No shell integration named "xdg-shell-v6" found
Warning:  No shell integration named "wl-shell" found
Warning:  No shell integration named "ivi-shell" found
Warning:  Loading shell integration failed.
Warning:  Attempted to load the following shells ("xdg-shell", "xdg-shell-v6", "wl-shell", "ivi-shell")
Can anyone here give a hint on whats going on. I can see that it tries to load the "waylang-egl" integration but fails and then fails with a bunch of other but is there a wayland integration that possibly would work for raspberry and if so how do I get it compiled and detected correctly?

Thanks in advance.

[edit] and yes it works in X11 but that's not a solution

kmpm
Registered Member

Re: Building for Raspberry PI and Wayland

Post by kmpm » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:29 pm

When banging ones head against the wall long enough a solutions will present itself :D .

When googling on qt, wayland and waylaynd-egl I found 2 pages that helped me. With these combined I figured out that if I copied the directories wayland-decoration-client, wayland-graphics-integration-client and wayland-shell-integration into the plugins directory and then launched with

Code: Select all

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland ./qcad-bin
it all worked in wayland as well, yay.

Return to “QCAD Community Edition”