Postprocessor development form for G-code G41/G42

Discussions around the CAM Add-On of QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Indicate the post processor used.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

dahlberg
Newbie Member

Postprocessor development form for G-code G41/G42

Post by dahlberg » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:42 am

I have recived an answer from Oleg at "Pumotix" and it seems I will be ok with G41/G42 but just to be on the safe side he asked me for some additional information about the postprocessor. I belive you have to be a developer of this software to be able to answer some of the parameters so if someone who is please could take a look at it :) I have filled in what I thought was right :idea: :?
Attachments
Postprocessor development form.odt
(109.04 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Windows10
QCAD/CAM 3.26.4
G-code G41/G42 mm

dahlberg
Newbie Member

Re: Postprocessor development form for G-code G41/G42

Post by dahlberg » Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:36 pm

So at the end of the week 8), never mind the form. Though it led me on a "wild goose chase" that actually tought me something :oops: . (I guess, thanks Oleg). Read the manual, at least twice or why not four times before asking questions. I have no need for the fourth or fifth axis, and neither these or coolant or toolchanges are a part of this software (yet). And actually, I belive I can manage that anyway. The chosen postprocessor didn't work out that well when trying it out in the Pumotix simulator but that wasn't a big deal either. As soon as I just set all cuts "on the lines" in the drawing everything seems to be working perfectly. Maybe another postprocessor will work better regarding toolradius compensation, I guess I will figure it out some day. In the Pumotix manual regading G41/G42-codes there where a few "why errors descriptions" that I guess I had overstepped so...
Windows10
QCAD/CAM 3.26.4
G-code G41/G42 mm

Return to “QCAD/CAM”