Is QCAD/CAM an upgrade?

Discussions around the CAM Add-On of QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Indicate the post processor used.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

davorin

Is QCAD/CAM an upgrade?

Post by davorin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:20 am

Good morning (o;

I just came across this site as I was looking for a nice CAD package for Linux to replace my existing setup with CAD and CAM software.

Haven't found any real explanation if the CAD/CAM software is just an add-on and QCAD has to be bought as well or if the price of 89 contains QCAD and the CAM module.

The product documentation says on the website: "QCAD/CAM is a CAM (Computer-Aided Manufacturing) add-on for QCAD"

thanks for clarification
richard

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Is QCAD/CAM an upgrade?

Post by andrew » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:41 am

davorin wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:20 am
Haven't found any real explanation if the CAD/CAM software is just an add-on and QCAD has to be bought as well or if the price of 89 contains QCAD and the CAM module.
QCAD/CAM is QCAD Professional + a CAM module, i.e. it comes with QCAD Professional.

davorin

Post by davorin » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:44 am

Thanks for clarification :-)

I was just unsure as I just saw QCAD and QCAD/CAM listed as products...but not a CAM upgrade if you first bought just the QCAD product.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:46 am

You can upgrade later if desired (using a discount coupon code). Please contact us when that is the case.

davorin

Post by davorin » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Well..I just ordered the full version including ebook...

The documentation says that a download link will be mailed...but it wasn't...only the invoice was sent.

Also nowhere on the website is mentioned that within the one year period you have a download limit of 50 whereas each individual files count as a download...

Well..the 1 year license extension of 30% discount is something else...normally commercial products charge a 30% fee at the most of the full price (o;

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:02 pm

davorin wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:34 pm
The documentation says that a download link will be mailed...but it wasn't...only the invoice was sent.
I can confirm that SendOwl is experiencing a problem with sending out those mails. I've contacted them to get this resolved.
I've also just sent you the link manually.

Edit: Actually your automatic e-mail should have also been sent now. Perhaps just a delay..
davorin wrote:Also nowhere on the website is mentioned that within the one year period you have a download limit of 50 whereas each individual files count as a download...
You can download each package for each platform 50 times. That would be enough downloads if you use all 9 supported platforms and we release an update almost every week. Should it not be enough, I'm of course happy to reset the download counter. It's just a means of protecting us if someone posts their link in social media, etc.
davorin wrote:Well..the 1 year license extension of 30% discount is something else...normally commercial products charge a 30% fee at the most of the full price (o;
Thanks for your thoughts on this. We believe that our products are at the very lowest price range of CAD/CAM software. Note that your license never expires and you can choose to simply not update after a year or update later (still at the same discount!).

davorin

Post by davorin » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:14 pm

Hello Andrew

Download link has arrived now (o;

I know that the license is forever...other non-subscription software have the same model...

For the QCAD package the Euro 33 is an unbeatable price....true..but if you go for the full package it sums up over the years for private use (o;
At least the update price should be visible on the shop page...

As you do many updates from what I saw recently...let's say someone bought QCAD/CAM and year and a day later you do a new version which affects a bug/new feature in QCAD only, but not CAM..so he has to pay Euro 62.30 to get the update or new feature...

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:18 pm

I understand. From a customer's perspective everything should ideally be for free of course ;)

davorin

Post by davorin » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:28 pm

I agree ;-)

What many software companies are doing is to give a grace period of few months after expiration....where you can get the update at a lower price than the regular update.

Anyway...but what I like the most is the support to have the software installed on more than one computer....which is true in my case :-)

schöös wuchenend (o;

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:39 pm

davorin wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:28 pm
schöös wuchenend (o;
Gliichfalls, dankä!

Paul van de Veen
Registered Member

Post by Paul van de Veen » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:54 pm

andrew wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:41 am
davorin wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:20 am
QCAD/CAM is QCAD Professional + a CAM module, i.e. it comes with QCAD Professional.
Today I ordered and download QCAD Professional. But there is no CAM module present.
How to get the add-on? I cant't find a link. Do I have to order also for € 89 QCAD/CAM?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Paul van de Veen wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:54 pm
Today I ordered and download QCAD Professional. But there is no CAM module present.
How to get the add-on? I cant't find a link. Do I have to order also for € 89 QCAD/CAM?
QCAD/CAM is a separate product, based on QCAD with added CAM functionality.
I've sent you an e-mail with upgrading information.

Return to “QCAD/CAM”