Hello from the heart of farm country - Iowa

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Iowa_Guy
Registered Member

Hello from the heart of farm country - Iowa

Post by Iowa_Guy » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:05 pm

Hello to all. I'm an older (71) retired engineer (EE) that, in my retirement, plays with vintage sports cars & bikes. In support of those hobbies I try to do a bit of welding & machining. But to call me either a mechanic, a welder or a machinist would be an insult to really know those trades, so you can consider me a fearless tinkerer.

I recently started using Qcad as a tool to create drawings to create files to drive one of my newer 'toys' a CNC plasma cutter.

I've just joined this forum to post a question about the freehand drawing tool on the "how do I" page...... I'm heading there next.

LenVW
Newbie Member

Re: Hello from the heart of farm country - Iowa

Post by LenVW » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:54 pm

Hi “Iowa Guy”.

In 1988 I had a great overview of John Deere facilities in Waterloo, Quad City and Des Moine.
The tour was organized by a JD Dealer here near London, Ontario, Canada.

Our family had a 300 head beef feedlot and 500 acres of cash crop farmland.
I originally worked as a machinist for Ex-Cell-O in the 1980s, but, returned to college for design of process machinery.
Employment history included Kellogg’s, SIHI Vacuum Systems and Big O Machinery.

What are you using QCAD for . . . Schematics, System Layouts ??
LenVW - KW Area

TallBob
Newbie Member

Re: Hello from the heart of farm country - Iowa

Post by TallBob » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:52 pm

Hi, IG,

So, I'm not the newest kid on the block anymore. I too am 71 and a member of IEEE.

TG

Return to “Introduce Yourself”