Hello, I'm new here

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

MaxwellsEq
Registered Member

Hello, I'm new here

Post by MaxwellsEq » Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:07 pm

Hi all, I've just installed QCAD Pro after investigating a few alternatives. It seems to do what I was expecting. Over the years I've used a number of different tools to draw plans and at one stage ran a department which had a team using AutoCAD. I'm interested in gaining more skills in 2D and 3D modelling, rendering etc. I've got some building work coming up and decided this was a good time to get a bit more serious about 2D CAD and architecture.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Hello, I'm new here

Post by Husky » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:27 pm

Hi MaxwellsEq,

thanks for introducing yourself to the forum. Welcome!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

RSPIERCE5002
Registered Member

Post by RSPIERCE5002 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:07 pm

Hello I an a retired engineer and contractor who is trying to draw a simple deck layout . I can not make the lines of a given length to show as that length when I put the arrows on them. I do not know how to share a screen shot but the border scale and the point to point measurement match but the dimension arrow is 10 times greater. I recently purchased quad since I was not sue the free version was adequate.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:07 pm

Hi RSPIERCE5002,

thanks for introducing yourself to the forum. Welcome!

If you have question please post them in the appropriated forum section. Looks like your question relates to the "How Do I' Questions" which can be ask below:
www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewforum.php?f=32

Please provide as much as possible details what will help us to understand the issue. Most likely attached drawing files and screenshots will lead to an effective response. This link explains how to attach files and screenshots to a post.

https://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3760

Looking forward to help you!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”