Hello All

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

TheCabinetGuy
Newbie Member

Hello All

Post by TheCabinetGuy » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:35 pm

I am new to this forum. I used AutoCAD for many years, then switched to DraftSight when my copy would no longer load under the newest version of the Windows OS. After DraftSight was gobbled up and they went to an all paid subscription, my copy continued to work for years, until a made a recent visit to another state where it must have picked up on the IP or something and it would no longer load. So .... I started looking for a replacement. Because I had so many legacy drawings in .dwg format, being able to easily work with them was essential, which brought me to QCAD. I have the professional version. Anyway, I hope to learn a bit about the finer aspects of the QCAD software though this forum. I found it pretty easy to locate the tools I generally used in previous CAD software so I have been able to create and modify a number of documents. I am a cabinet maker and fine carpentry craftsman. I draw all of my stuff in CAD and provide a conceptual drawing to clients. Of course, the primary purpose is to ensure proper dimensioning, etc. This has made complex, custom built in wood work far simpler. I can't seem to make printing work at all. The process seems a bit awkward and disjointed, but I ma used to a different interface. I'll post specifics on the appropriate page.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”