Using QCAD for clock part drawings

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

chriscam
Registered Member

Using QCAD for clock part drawings

Post by chriscam » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:42 am

Hi Guys,
I am seriously into clocks and thought I would venture into using cad for drawing clock parts including in particular wheels and escapements. greenhorn as yet. Anyone with a similar interest please let me know so we can pool resources.
regards
chris

Barrydg
Registered Member

Re: Using QCAD for clock part drawings

Post by Barrydg » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:30 am

Hi Chris
Just joined this forum and am a complete novice with CAD, but your intro caught my eye. I've been making wooden clocks for some time, but am usually 'frustrated' when cutting gears on my scroll saw as I just cannot get the precision to make an accurate timepiece. I've just found a local guy who has a laser cutter and he has taken a few of my files and the work is so precise that I cannot contemplate keep using the scroll saw. However, there is a certain satisfaction when you complete a project and see that it keeps reasonable time. I'm based in the UK and use an iMac. I enclose a couple of files to give you an idea of what I'm up to. I would be interested to know a bit more about your clock making experience.
Best regards
Barry
Attachments
IMG_1188.JPG
IMG_1188.JPG (1.41 MiB) Viewed 5097 times
Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 10.19.03.png
Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 10.19.03.png (1.84 MiB) Viewed 5097 times

Return to “Introduce Yourself”