Hello from New England

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

JohnRob

Hello from New England

Post by JohnRob » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:54 am

Hi my forum name is JohnRob, pretty close to my real name. I'm a little late in introducing myself as I originally jumped in with some questions. I'm a retired design engineer/manager having worked in aerospace then automotive. I've had some very small experience with AutoCad some time ago but only for some basic drawings. All of our drafting was performed by designers (most recently in Catia) who were amazing at what they did. I could have done without the PLM :)

Do now I'm retired and working on different projects. One of my older projects was the layout of my front walk. I wanted a running bond pattern which is basically trivial, however the walk has a 90° bend and I wanted the running bond to be proper on each side of the curve. I used CAD to determine the correct radius for the pattern I wanted.

Right now I'm absorbing information, I hope some day to be able to help others.

Regards

John

robinpeter
Newbie Member

Re: Hello from New England

Post by robinpeter » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:08 pm

Hello JohnRob,
If no one else has welcomed you, then can I say, Welcome & nice to meet you!
If you look, I am even newer to here than yourself, as 27/10/20(U.K.) is my first day!!
let's hope this community is what we are both looking for.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”