Sjonnie saying Thank you!

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Sjonnie

Sjonnie saying Thank you!

Post by Sjonnie » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:44 pm

Hi All,

Since I am a Linux user I have been using DraftSight for a few years as it was the only Linux capable AutoCAD clone I could find. After I had come to learn of the new licensing fee of DraftSight I decided I needed something more affordable.

I have been experimenting with QCAD Pro on and off for the last 9 months. As a die-hard AutoCAD user (since 1990 e_surprised ) I had some learning to do and I got to say: this is really a great piece of software! With the help of this forum I have found my way around the software and today I learned some of the basics in coordinate entry that will help me speed up getting my drawings done.

Note that I only make drawings for personal use (building renovation, furniture, that sort of things) and only a few times per year. QCAD Professional seemed the only serious CAD solution I could find so I bit the bullet and bought a copy. I am most certainly not disappointed.

So here it is:

Thank you, Andrew, for developing a splendid CAD application!!
Greetz,

Sjonnie

Using QCAD Pro (Latest) on Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Sjonnie saying Thank you!

Post by andrew » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:42 am

Thank you for your kind feedback! I'm glad you find QCAD useful.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”