Hello from Alberta, Canada!

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

dmitri.shilov
Newbie Member

Hello from Alberta, Canada!

Post by dmitri.shilov » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Dmitri and I am from Alberta, Canada. I work in electronics manufacturing, and have been using Draftsight until now, with them going to a subscription based model I started looking around and found QCAD. Can't say enough good things about it, I must say I'm thankful for Draftsight going paid, since it helped me find QCAD! Much cleaner interface and a lot more user friendly. I was happy to find out QCAD works on Linux too, as I am now moving some of my personal computing to Linux.

In my work, QCAD will be used to make dimensional drawings. I'll advise our CNC operator to check out the QCAD/CAM trial, and see if he would like to look into getting that. One of the more unique applications of Draftsight I used before was making DXF files for finite element modelling using FEMM/Octave - QCAD looks more than capable of handling the simple drawings I used for that. I've done some woodworking too, and I've used Fusion 360 for that, but opening it I always felt it to be an overkill and not enough efficiency for time put into making models. I'm looking forward to working with QCAD in that as well.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Alberta, Canada!

Post by andrew » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Hello Dmitri and welcome to the forum. Thanks for your kind feedback and introduction!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”