Hello from timscoding

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

timscoding
Newbie Member

Hello from timscoding

Post by timscoding » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:00 am

Hi,

I'm freelance IT at the moment. Mostly daily assignments to install VOIP phones or set up servers or telecom boxes in data rooms or whatever. I do a lot of installs: A/V, LAN, rack, desktop, etc, and sometimes go on site to troubleshoot with a remote engineer in my ear. Smart Hands is what they call what I do, but I'm not so sure about the smart part. Sometimes I look at a drawing from a CAD program of a server rack or A/V in a room or something, but since I've been doing this I've never drawn anything myself.

However, I have future plans.

However, currently I also want to set up my little bedroom to be a combined sleeping area / work area. Right now I am using qcad to design a custom wall. Next comes the room floor plan. Then the non-rectangular table to fit between the wall and my friend's perfect desk he just gave me. And so on...

Probably be a few years before I'm using qcad to design my starbase :wink:

Cheers! :)
timscoding

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Hello from timscoding

Post by Husky » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:22 am

Hi timscoding - thank you for introducing yourself. Welcome to the QCAD forum!
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”