What's up from Pennsylvania

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

red6rubicon
Registered Member

What's up from Pennsylvania

Post by red6rubicon » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:30 am

Hello
I'm first time forum user and about a a month into my star labs table... figured I'd join and start reading up in my spare time... question tho I'm not sure what to search for my answer . First the dxf file opens and it's really faint red how do you change the color? Second when editing a trace or dxf how do you make the "repairs fluid"?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: What's up from Pennsylvania

Post by Husky » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:55 am

Hello red6rubicon - welcome to the QCAD forum

Don't worry about "first time forum user"! If I remember right each one of us was back in the days a "first time forum user" :wink:

We are asking just to follow a few simple rules to keep this forum searchable and easy to maintain. Those rules are:
Always indicate Operating system, QCAD version
Attach Drawing files, Screenshots
Try to use an appropriated sub forum like "QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems" or "How Do I Questions" etc. etc.. and post only one question per topic. You got the idea ....

To get you started:
red6rubicon wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:30 am
First the dxf file opens and it's really faint red how do you change the color?
There are different ways to control the color and lineweight for the entities. Most common is to control it within a layer. Please check which layer is used for this faint red entities and try to change the layer attributes like color etc. to something what works better for you.

Here is a tutorial how to work with layer in QCAD: https://qcad.org/en/tutorial-working-with-layers
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

red6rubicon
Registered Member

Re: What's up from Pennsylvania

Post by red6rubicon » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:42 am

Thank you

Return to “Introduce Yourself”