Tom from Texas. Super impressed with QCAD-PRO

Post to this forum to introduce yourself to this forum if you are new here. You might want to include some information about the work you are doing or planning to do with QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

tkyler

Tom from Texas. Super impressed with QCAD-PRO

Post by tkyler » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:24 pm

I've had occasion to work on some really large residential projects in the US (interior design), $50-100M plus. We used Vectorworks...full color drawings, etc. I've since gotten out of that line of work and am working on some open source aircraft plans for a small group. Some of the contributors are using Solidworks of course, but after playing with QCAD-PRO for a few months now and deep-diving into its workflow, I've decided to use it to manage the drawing set, which we estimate to be between 60-80 pages.

It took a fair bit of experimenting to define a workflow and templates that was comparable to the workflows I used in Vectorworks and of course a lot of the parametrics and referencing tools tools aren't in QCAD-PRO, but for 'non-collaborative' projects, I don't find this to be a burden at all, simply a differing way of organizing things from the beginning.

The more I get into it, the more I find there's almost nothing it can't do rather efficiently to generate very high quality 2D drawings....sometimes with a few extra steps sure...but that's where the scripting can comes in....and back to my point...I'm super impressed with what QCAD-PRO can do and its design. Thx!

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Tom from Texas. Super impressed with QCAD-PRO

Post by Husky » Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:34 pm

Howdy Tom. Thanks for introducing yourself to the QCAD community and welcome in the forum.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “Introduce Yourself”