Text size of dimensions

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

truwitch
Newbie Member

Text size of dimensions

Post by truwitch » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:55 am

Hi all,
I am new to this software, but am proficient in AutoCad, and Revit. Windows 10 Qcad Professional version 3.27.1.0 (3.27.1).
I am having trouble getting the text on dimensions a readable size both in model_space and when laying out for printing in paper_space. I have tried using the scale option when inserting a dimension, it does not seem to change the text size. If I edit the dimension in the Property editor after placing the dimension in the drawing I can change the Overall scale option to the scale that I will plot the drawing, it is readable and correct for the printed but I have to do this for every dimension one at a time. If I try to change the scale option when inserting the dimension it will change the Linear measurement factor option in the Property editor, which I have no idea what that option controls, and has not effect on the text size. I usually print multiple drawing sheets as different scales when printing a set of drawings.
Thanks for any help
Tom

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Text size of dimensions

Post by Husky » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:58 am

Hi,
truwitch wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:55 am
I am having trouble getting the text on dimensions a readable size both in model_space and when laying out for printing in paper_space. I have tried using the scale option when inserting a dimension, it does not seem to change the text size.
In Drawing Preferences / Dimension settings is a scale option which works for Model_Space and Paper_Space.

Husky-2022.02.15-04.png
Husky-2022.02.15-04.png (37.7 KiB) Viewed 5144 times
truwitch wrote:
...it is readable and correct for the printed but I have to do this for every dimension one at a time.
My suggestion works also in the aftermath.

truwitch wrote:
If I try to change the scale option when inserting the dimension it will change the Linear measurement factor option in the Property editor, which I have no idea what that option controls, and has not effect on the text size.
Correct - that is to scale the measurement value.

truwitch wrote:
I usually print multiple drawing sheets as different scales when printing a set of drawings.
Depending on your drawing - it could be easier to handle different scales if you do all dimension in Paper_Space ...
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

truwitch
Newbie Member

Post by truwitch » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:58 pm

Thanks for the reply is it possible to assign as dimension scale to a layer

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:16 pm

truwitch wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:58 pm
... is it possible to assign as dimension scale to a layer
No.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”