Split Entities

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

GrowMate

Split Entities

Post by GrowMate » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:01 pm

Huawei Mate Book Pro 2020 / Windows 10 v.20H2 (OS Build 19042.1237) QCAD v.3.27.1.0 (3.27.1)

When I select a line, then >Modify >Entities and choose a value at top (say 20), the line is neatly divided into 20 equal segments. However I am unable to snap to any of the segments and attempts to do so cause them all to vanish! They also vanish when a drawing is saved so I attach a screen-shot by way of illustration.

In this simple exercise I was attempting to draw a series of lines from the apex of a triangle to the 20 base line segments, but without success.

Comments?!
Attachments
Spilt Entities.jpg
Spilt Entities.jpg (37.91 KiB) Viewed 2634 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Split Entities

Post by Husky » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:47 am

GrowMate wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:01 pm
When I select a line, then >Modify >Entities and choose a value at top (say 20), the line is neatly divided into 20 equal segments. However I am unable to snap to any of the segments and attempts to do so cause them all to vanish! They also vanish when a drawing is saved so I attach a screen-shot by way of illustration.
What you can see on the screenshot is a preview where the cuts would happen - it hasn't happen yet! To finalize those cuts you have to hit the green arrow in the option bar. After that your line is divided 20 times ...
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:59 am

Please refer also to the user reference manual at:
https://qcad.org/doc/qcad/latest/refere ... EqualParts

GrowMate

Post by GrowMate » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:15 pm

Aaaah. I missed the green arrow. Silly me! Thanks Husky

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”