Logitech Mouse customization not working with QCAD

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Circle

Logitech Mouse customization not working with QCAD

Post by Circle » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:30 am

I use the Logitech MX3 mouse and have customized a few buttons to zoom and scroll around the QCAD application. No mater what setting is requested for a button, they all just zoom.

Went through QCAD preferences to see if there is something I need to change in the application itself but could not find anything.

Any thoughts on customizing the mouse buttons?

Thanks.
Mac: Big Sur version 11.4
QCAD Pro

Circle

Re: Logitech Mouse customization not working with QCAD

Post by Circle » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:36 am

I use the Logitech MX3 mouse and have customized a few buttons to zoom and scroll around the QCAD application. No mater what setting is requested for a button, they all just zoom.

Went through QCAD preferences to see if there is something I need to change in the application itself but could not find anything.

Any thoughts on customizing the mouse buttons for QCAD?

Another problem I have with using the center wheel for 'zooming' it is highly sensitive. I have reduced the speed to minimum but I slight turn just starts the zoom in or zoom out action and there is no controlling where you want it to stop. I must be missing a setting in QCAD itself?

Thanks.
QCAD Pro

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:49 pm

QCAD does not have any kind of special built-in support for that kind of mouse. However, I would expect for the mouse driver to simply trigger a key-stroke for these programmable buttons. Perhaps, you can configure something along these lines. E.g. configure a button to trigger F7 and configure QCAD to trigger the tool you want when F7 is pressed.

Circle

Post by Circle » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:55 pm

I agree that this must be a mouse driver issue. I will try the workaround, thanks for suggesting it.

I am just curious what mouse equipment Mac users find best when working with QCAD.

Thanks
QCAD Pro

ryancousins
Premier Member

Post by ryancousins » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:35 pm

I know this is old now, but I recently picked up a Logitech MX3 Anywhere mouse (which I really like!) and what I have found is I have to add custom shortcuts inside of QCAD. In the Logitech Options software, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to a mouse button, however, the combinations must have a modifier key such as Control, Shift, Alt, etc. So the default two-character shortcuts that are used for most QCAD commands can not be used. If you go to Edit>Application Preferences>General>Tool Settings, you can add a Logitech compatable shortcut to a command. For instance, I played around with one of the mouse buttons being used to Zoom Auto (ZA). I kept the ZA shortcut, but added Ctrl ] as an additional shortcut and then applied this in the Logitech Options software. Since this is not a shortcut already used, it worked very well.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”