Image not visible when drawing opened on another computer

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

RaNoPlus

Image not visible when drawing opened on another computer

Post by RaNoPlus » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:26 am

Hi, I have a question. There was an image (company logo) in the attached drawing. I made it yesterday evening on my MacBookPro. Now I am working on another computer (iMac) but the image is gone! I have the drawing on OneDrive so the drawings is the same (synced). I have checked it on the MacBookPro and the logo is the stil visible. But not on my iMac. I use QCAD 3.25.1.0 on both macs. Can you tell me what is wrong? Doest the drawing keep some of the settings 'local'?
I insert the image using command Draw--> Insert Bitmap (IM). This is the first time I notice this. In another drawings this never happend. Thank you for you help.
Attachments
1306081-5 External LPS AMS11 REV7 05-10-2020 as built.dwg
(3.08 MiB) Downloaded 347 times
MacBookPro- with logo.png
MacBookPro- with logo.png (1003.56 KiB) Viewed 3693 times
iMac-without logo.png
iMac-without logo.png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 3693 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Image not visible when drawing opened on another computer

Post by andrew » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:47 am

Images are not embedded in DXF/DWG, but referenced. Best practice is to keep the drawing file and all referenced image files in the same folder, for example a project folder. This way, QCAD can always find the images.

RaNoPlus

Post by RaNoPlus » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:45 am

andrew wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:47 am
Images are not embedded in DXF/DWG, but referenced. Best practice is to keep the drawing file and all referenced image files in the same folder, for example a project folder. This way, QCAD can always find the images.
But I have already the image in the same folder! That's strange.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:54 am

Perhaps the file was once opened and saved without the image present. This might have corrupted the image reference. I'd try to re-insert it.

RaNoPlus

Post by RaNoPlus » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:43 pm

andrew wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:54 am
Perhaps the file was once opened and saved without the image present. This might have corrupted the image reference. I'd try to re-insert it.
I was playing with the file on both computers. Now it's syncing. I think it's a matter of putting the drawing and te images into exactly same folder as you said. I have mostly 1 folder for the drawings and other one for the photos, logos and other stuff. Problem solved. Thank you for your quick reply.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”