Screen resolution 3.25.2

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

KMNDes
Newbie Member

Screen resolution 3.25.2

Post by KMNDes » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:04 pm

I am having the same problems as BraemarStan, I am running Windows 10 64 bit on a laptop. The screen resolution is as he noted awful. I opened the Qcad file and found the scale factor line which reads "QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR QCAD" and I made the change that you suggested. So how do I turn the resulting text file back into an application file?

KMNDes
Newbie Member

Re: Screen resolution 3.25.2

Post by KMNDes » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:18 pm

I answered my question, but did not solve my problem. The altered application file will not open.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:21 am

The problem is that QCAD (or rather Qt, the underlying toolkit) does not correctly detect your screen resolution.

The fix you are referring to is for Linux systems, not Windows systems. Do not attempt to modify the qcad.exe file. This will definitely break the application.

We are working for a fix for such Windows systems as yours. Meanwhile, please revert back to the previous version you had before.

KMNDes
Newbie Member

Post by KMNDes » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 pm

Unfortunately, I do not have the previous version, I had it saved on an external drive which has inexplicably crashed deleting all my backups. It doesn't help that my laptop died and I had to replace that which meant that all my download files also disappeared.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”