[solved] Printing problems

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

PaulDee
Registered Member

[solved] Printing problems

Post by PaulDee » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:49 pm

I'm new to QCAD, and only returning to CAD drafting after many years too. I have been working through the excellent manual as a learning guide and reference to create a new drawing. My drawings will generally be simple mechanical schematics and nearly always printed on my A3 HP Office Jet 'all-in-one'. I must be doing something wrong as the only thing my printer actually prints is all the TEXT and filled BLOCKS that were imported from another dxf file. All my lines, regardless of size, colour etc will not print..Help please!! I have attached the file for reference.
Also, I tried printing to PDF and although the PDF did puck upp everything, it was very pale grey and not that usable.

BTW - everything has been drawn in Layer 0.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Gotwick WIP.dxf
(992.81 KiB) Downloaded 297 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Printing problems

Post by andrew » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:35 pm

Your drawing has the "hairline" mode activated. This means that all lines will print as fine (thin) as possible.

To switch off hairline mode, switch to print preview:
File > Print Preview

Then click on the hairline button to disable hairline mode:
Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 18.32.50.png
Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 18.32.50.png (56.4 KiB) Viewed 2707 times
It's possible that after that, some lines might still be very thin. In that case, please check your default lineweight under:
Edit > Application Preferences > Graphics View > Appearance > Linetypes and Lineweights > Default lineweight

Alternatively, you could change the lineweight of layer "0" to something other than "default".

PaulDee
Registered Member

Re: Printing problems

Post by PaulDee » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:03 pm

Thank you - sorted

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”