Printing a window & opening saved drawing with DWG TrueView

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Roger Harrison
Registered Member

Printing a window & opening saved drawing with DWG TrueView

Post by Roger Harrison » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:51 am

I am a new user of QCAD Professional.
I have opened a file drawn using different software - I would like to print a "window" is this possible.

I have made modifications to this drawing and tried saving it in both "dxf" and "dwg" formats and then opening the saved file with "DWG TrueView" but it does not show the dimensioned text or arrows when opened in "DWG TrueView". The extension lines are there but not the text or the arrows.

Roger Harrison

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Printing a window & opening saved drawing with DWG TrueView

Post by andrew » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:51 am

Roger Harrison wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:51 am
I have made modifications to this drawing and tried saving it in both "dxf" and "dwg" formats and then opening the saved file with "DWG TrueView" but it does not show the dimensioned text or arrows when opened in "DWG TrueView". The extension lines are there but not the text or the arrows.
Please attach your drawing file, so we can reproduce the problem here.

Note: I've split this topic as there are two questions / issues in one post. You can find my answer to the first question at:
https://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7540

Please post one question / problem per topic, thanks.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”