Layers and Blocks

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Rantanplan7

Layers and Blocks

Post by Rantanplan7 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I have the problem that I want to move a block to a layer. I thought this is easy, so I selected the block, went to properties and changed the layer.
Unfortunately the block parts have been on different layers when I created that block.

QCAD cannot move a block to a single layer (in case the single parts are on different layers)?

Is there any function to get a block on one layer - instead of using the explode function several times to get back to the single pieces and then to move this mess to a layer?
Unfortunately this block is a combination of other blocks and I would not like to destroy everything into bits and pieces.
Best Regards

Sven

QCAD 3.27.6.0 / Windows 11 Professional 64-bit / 16 GB RAM, i5 [email protected], SSD
(former Autosketch 10 user)

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Layers and Blocks

Post by Husky » Tue May 05, 2020 7:37 pm

Rantanplan7 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 1:01 pm
QCAD cannot move a block to a single layer (in case the single parts are on different layers)?
Yes you can move a block to an other layer.
Rantanplan7 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 1:01 pm
Is there any function to get a block on one layer - instead of using the explode function several times to get back to the single pieces and then to move this mess to a layer?
Sure but the question is what is the final goal. A lot depend on how the block is prepared for that task. Can you attache an example dxf which shows what you try to accomplish?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”