Thanks and a couple of questions

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

elewayne

Thanks and a couple of questions

Post by elewayne » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:13 pm

HI Andrew. thanks for your help getting this program uploaded and getting the book readable. All working good now.
I have to ask, if this program has some instability issues, though. And that said, It may be my brain with the problems.
I draw furniture and cabinet plans, house remodeling sometimes, and machine parts even. Seems like it will fit my needs perfectly.
I used auto cad for years but they have stopped you from being able to use a bootleg copy and the monthly price is way too much for a retired guy.
So thanks for putting this out.
But.... I'm having trouble with switching from the command cross hairs, back to the arrow head selection curser. Often double clicking on the right mouse button fails to get results I might have to do it 6 times before I get the arrow back again. Escape button is useless too. Part of the time it works perfectly though. humm ? Am I doing something wrong?
Also having similar problems with the trim tool not always wanting to engage consistently. Trim command seems to have some odd built in restraints that I cant figure out from the book too. sort of catching on accidentally.
Why does the extend tool always extend long lines past where I want it to extend to? Book seems to say you can select the line to end it on.
Last thing I'll try to address here in this post is, My tool bar across the top does not contain the middle section where the undo and redo arrows are located. I know where the undo is located under the Edit button but why is it not on my took bar, that would be easier to use. and i still need a lot of undo's, while I learn to work with this program.
I did two drawings for some furniture pieces yesterday, successfully, it just took me a while.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Thanks and a couple of questions

Post by Husky » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:19 pm

elewayne wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:13 pm
But.... I'm having trouble with switching from the command cross hairs, back to the arrow head selection curser. Often double clicking on the right mouse button fails to get results I might have to do it 6 times before I get the arrow back again. Escape button is useless too. Part of the time it works perfectly though. humm ? Am I doing something wrong?
Can't reproduce that. Try instate qq (Menu/Edit/"Reset/Idle") on the keyboard.
elewayne wrote:
Also having similar problems with the trim tool not always wanting to engage consistently.
Can't reproduce that.
elewayne wrote:
Why does the extend tool always extend long lines past where I want it to extend to? Book seems to say you can select the line to end it on.
Chose for every task the tool which suits your situation best. In this case the Trim tool (RM) should do what you are looking for.
elewayne wrote:
My tool bar across the top does not contain the middle section where the undo and redo arrows are located. I know where the undo is located under the Edit button but why is it not on my took bar, that would be easier to use. and i still need a lot of undo's, while I learn to work with this program.
If you use a certain toolbar you can customize which tools are presented. You can adjust the tools to your needs below menu ...

Husky-2020.02.15-01.png
Husky-2020.02.15-01.png (96.45 KiB) Viewed 3679 times

Please post the next time unrelated issues in separated postings. Thanks.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

elewayne

Post by elewayne » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:06 pm

thanks. I'll try to get the tool bar thing done a little later.
so you have no idea why commands are not working smoothly? could it not like my keyboard or mouse?
I was trying to move a drawing over on the screen, further away from another part. I selected it with the left mouse button dragging a rectangle over it but when I tried to drag it to a new location I just got two lines stringing on the edge of the drawing and it didn't move at all. So I tried to erase them, the new lines. Selected the first line hit the delete button using the mouse the mouse, nothing happened. did this three times, still nothing. Tried the second line. Worked first time. went back to the first line, and now on the forth try it did delete.
So your saying this stuff is not common at all?

elewayne

Post by elewayne » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:37 pm

Well shoot.I followed the steps so well laid out in your tutorial. (thanks for that). got down to #5, the box with the checks. followed your picture. checked Menu, tool bar, tool matrix. left cad tool bar open. It was checked when I got there the first time, I unchecked it. right? Pushed the OK button, the screen just jumped back to the drawing and still no undo button on the tool bar.

Now, just to be clear, I've done all this stuff on auto cad ( I'm not exactly a nubey) so I'm just trying to find the commands on this program and how they work (sequence wise), but things seem to not want to do what I ask them to.

Why are my problems never easy to fix? LOL. Could I be having a faulty down load problem?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:57 pm

elewayne wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:06 pm
So your saying this stuff is not common at all?
Well .............. yes - basically that is what I said. e_surprised

elewayne wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:37 pm
Could I be having a faulty down load problem?
Very unlikely. But it is possible that you downloaded a version which isn't meant for your Operation System. Please double check it.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”