Adjusting Background Images [Solved]

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

jby601

Adjusting Background Images [Solved]

Post by jby601 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:44 pm

I use QCAD to plot survey results. I can then insert a background image, e.g. from Google Maps, and I can set the Draw Order to 'Send to back' so that it appears under my drawing. But I cannot easily align (move/rotate/resize) the image with the drawing because whenever the image is selected it obscures the drawing, as though it has been brought to the front. Any suggestions?
Last edited by jby601 on Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Adjusting Background Images

Post by Husky » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:27 pm

Hi,
if the image is blocking the entities which are underneath then it could help to fade the pic temporary for that task.

To fade an image select it, check the Property Editor for "Specific Properties", "Fade". Play with the fade value but I think 60 or 70 should work for you ...

Husky-2020.01.17-02.png
Husky-2020.01.17-02.png (294.21 KiB) Viewed 4575 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Matfie

Post by Matfie » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:43 pm

I agree that this is not easy. The way I have done this is in two steps. First resize and/or locate the object so that the reference point will need to be moved towards the target point, meaning that it does not obscure the target beforehand. Then, do the resize or move for real.

jby601

Post by jby601 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:33 am

@Husky: Thank you so much. I love QCAD - much easier than AutoCAD or the Draftsight clone.

@Matfie: This is what I did initially and it works but is a bit slower.

Thank you both.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”