Viewport Specific Property Scaling wrong

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

RMK-Designs

Viewport Specific Property Scaling wrong

Post by RMK-Designs » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Hi,
I am new to Qcad after 12 years with AutoCad. I am impressed how close it is to the AutoCad version that I had been using. I am enjoying the software and it is working great for my needs. I have had a few issues which I have been able to correct myself. I now have an issue that I cannot figure out.
The viewport specific property scale setting is defaulted to .25. I have drawn a few floor plans and scale them to 1/4"=1'0" which I always do. However they look very small on the paper so I set the scale to 1"=1'0" and they look right. Once printed they measure 1/4"=1'0" but scale says 1"=1'0". I noticed the viewport specific property editor shows a scale of .25. Once I change that to 1 the 1/4"=1'0" looks good and prints properly. Resizing the viewport does not change the scale as it should not. New drawing viewport do not stay at 1 they default to .25.
I have check the application preferences under printing-page - viewport and see scale is set to 1"=1" . The drawings preferences under page - viewport is also set to 1"=1". I do not see any other settings for scaling the viewport default settings. Am I missing something? Can this be set?
I have attached the test drawing file as well as a screen shot of the test drawing I did to show the issue and screen shots as I changed the scale to 1. I appreciate any answers or ways to correct this if it is possible.

Windows 10
Qcad V 3.23.0
Attachments
Qcad Property Scale Drawing.dxf
Test file of the scaling issue
(100 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
Viewport Property Scale automatic set to .25.png
Viewport property scaling defaults to .25
Viewport Property Scale automatic set to .25.png (145.87 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
Viewport Property Scale changed to 1.png
Viewport scaling manually set to 1
Viewport Property Scale changed to 1.png (150.61 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
Viewport full page Property Scale set to 1.png
Viewport scaling set to 1 and resized to full page
Viewport full page Property Scale set to 1.png (152.37 KiB) Viewed 2964 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Viewport Specific Property Scaling wrong

Post by andrew » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:46 pm

While creating a viewport, you can change its scale in the options tool bar at the top / middle.
Screenshot 2019-12-06 at 21.45.44.png
Screenshot 2019-12-06 at 21.45.44.png (37.07 KiB) Viewed 2955 times
This scale is remembered and used as default for new viewports until it is changed again.

RMK-Designs

Re: Viewport Specific Property Scaling wrong

Post by RMK-Designs » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:21 pm

Thank you very much. That solved the issue. I can not believe I did not notice that setting.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”