AutoCAD dwg opening but not visible in QCAD 3.23

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Wilson Tree Surveys
Registered Member

AutoCAD dwg opening but not visible in QCAD 3.23

Post by Wilson Tree Surveys » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping one of you can help me.
I'm an arboricultural consultant and I use QCAD to plot trees on topographical surveys, architects drawings and site plans in dwg and dxf formats. I operate an HP Envy Notebook running Windows 10 (latest upgrade installed) on a 64bit system.
I've experienced problems opening a dwg produced by a client in AutoCAD 2020 (error message read 'File import could not be completed') so I upgraded to QCAD 3.23. The file now opens without generating an error message, the layer & block lists show that entities are present but I'm unable to see any of them. I've attempted to change the colour of some of the entities, to double click on the page layout in the block list, and to open a version of the drawing saved in an earlier format - all without success. The attachment shows a screenshot of the file as seen in QCAD and one of a pdf version showing what it should look like.
I feel that I must have a setting or preference incorrectly set but am at a loss to say which! Can anyone suggest a method by which I can open and view the file contents?
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
QCAD 3.23 file not opening.pdf
(562.29 KiB) Downloaded 374 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: AutoCAD dwg opening but not visible in QCAD 3.23

Post by andrew » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:38 pm

It looks like there are some huge elements and the drawing might be tiny due to auto zooming.
If you attach the DXF / DWG file, I can tell you more.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”