Running on Windows 7 with network shares

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

RobB

Running on Windows 7 with network shares

Post by RobB » Sun May 26, 2019 4:26 pm

Currently I have QCAD installed on a Windows 7 system, using Synology based network shares. I Can access, edit and save the remote .dwg files fine, but as soon as I file a design with an other extension (.dxf) or name, Windows blocks it. I am logged in with admin privileges and the appropriate rights on the Synology side, and other applications operate correctly.

Starting QCAD at the admin privilege level solves the problem, but should not really be needed. Is this a Windows or QCAD issue?

Rob
Linux Mint 20 , qcadcam-3.24.3.10-pro-linux-x86_64

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Running on Windows 7 with network shares

Post by Husky » Sun May 26, 2019 4:52 pm

RobB wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 4:26 pm
Starting QCAD at the admin privilege level solves the problem, but should not really be needed. Is this a Windows or QCAD issue?
Not that I know of.
Did you try to adjust the settings of Windows to a Win7 compatibility mode for QCAD?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

RobB

Re: Running on Windows 7 with network shares

Post by RobB » Sun May 26, 2019 8:11 pm

Setting compatibility to Windows 7 solves it, thanks. However, application opening takes now 35 - 40 seconds instead of 4.
Anyway, I have a work around. I plan to switch to Linux once the new AMD CPUs are available, and that should fix it (I assume).

Regards,
Rob
Linux Mint 20 , qcadcam-3.24.3.10-pro-linux-x86_64

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”