Line weight is too heavy in paper space print preview

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

lphilpot

Line weight is too heavy in paper space print preview

Post by lphilpot » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:34 am

I'm probably missing something, but this very same file was OK last time I opened it. :wink:

I have a drawing (Site layout.dwg) with a viewport, title block, etc., and last time I printed, it was fine. Now when I open Print Preview in Paper Space (only) the lineweights are off the scale:

They're fine in model space Print Preview and of course they're normal in Paper Space edit, etc. I made another test drawing (vptest.dwg) with just a few odd pieces of geometry similarly sized in dimension, paper, etc. and it's not exhibiting this behavior. I've not been able to find any difference between the two in terms of configuration or settings, and like I mentioned, it was fine the last time it was opened. It does the same thing when exported to PDF, which makes sense, but... ?

In actual terms, the printed size is roughly 1/25 of the real size and I thought that maybe I should be using a scaling factor, but both drawings are 1:1 in Print Preview and the other drawing is OK.

Any ideas? Will I be embarrassed when Husky points out some simple setting I overlooked (probably!). :lol:

Both drawings are attached.

Thanks.
Attachments
Site layout.dwg
(33.31 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
vptest.dwg
(18.15 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
Len
QCAD Pro

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Line weight is too heavy in paper space print preview

Post by Husky » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:34 am

lphilpot wrote:Will I be embarrassed when Husky points out some simple setting I overlooked (probably!). :lol:
Nope - you can plea "Not guilty". :wink:

You stepped in the same "trap" like me. It's a bug in QCAD and fixed for the next release.
https://www.qcad.org/en/changelog

Workaround till the next release: Call in Model_Space the Print Preview and set the scale to 1" = 1". Switch back to Paper_Space and it should work as expected. e_surprised
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

lphilpot

Re: Line weight is too heavy in paper space print preview

Post by lphilpot » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:58 am

Husky wrote:
lphilpot wrote:Will I be embarrassed when Husky points out some simple setting I overlooked (probably!). :lol:
Nope - you can plea "Not guilty". :wink:

You stepped in the same "trap" like me. It's a bug in QCAD and fixed for the next release.
https://www.qcad.org/en/changelog
Whew! Dodged a bullet... :mrgreen: Somehow I'm relieved!
Husky wrote:Workaround till the next release: Call in Model_Space the Print Preview and set the scale to 1" = 1". Switch back to Paper_Space and it should work as expected. e_surprised
Youdaman! That works.

Thanks.
Len
QCAD Pro

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”