Another pdf problem

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

jackieh

Another pdf problem

Post by jackieh » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi again
Same project, different drawing (still supplied by architect from vectorworks), new problem. This time with the lines (red and blue) that I've created in QCAD. Some of the lines disappear when I make a pdf - you can actually see this on screen with the print command. Even odder, parts of the same (two) polylines are visible and invisible. Using the 'bring to front' command didn't make any difference.

Also continuing to have problems with dashed lines not looking dashed, but that is less important.

Looking forward to hearing from you .... and thank you for your help yet again

Jackie
Attachments
Apse Ramp Plan.dwg
(366.07 KiB) Downloaded 410 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Another pdf problem

Post by Husky » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi Jackie - would this "Print Preview" suit your expectations?
Husky-2017.08.15-01.png
Husky-2017.08.15-01.png (56.96 KiB) Viewed 9279 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

jackieh

Post by jackieh » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:02 am

Yes indeed!

Where did I go wrong?

Jackie

jackieh

Post by jackieh » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:41 pm

I still have the same problem this end, even after restarting computer. I am completely at a loss, especially as you could get it to work fine.

Any clues?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Jackie

Husky

Post by Husky » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:43 pm

jackieh wrote:I am completely at a loss, especially as you could get it to work fine.

Any clues?
Yes - I've a kind of clue ..... 8)

Here is what I think: First of all - no reason to restart the computer. Everything is fine with your Hard/Software!

The problem is that QCAD is exactly following your customized rules but for a human being it's difficult to remember all those rules. Your life could be easier ...
You are controlling the entity attributes on to many places. You will loose the overview!
Husky-2017.08.16-01.png
Husky-2017.08.16-01.png (154.27 KiB) Viewed 9258 times
Try to keep it simple because there is no plausible reason to make it complicated. I assume in your case it will work just with the use of Layer!
1. Use one Layer for the same purpose.
2. If you need the same Layer with minimal changed Attributes (like only a different Line Type or color) create a second Layer with a meaningful additional note in the Layer Name like:

Area of WB
+
Area of WB SUG

Don't change the Property Editor/General Properties - you'll loose this battle.
And yes - it is good that we have this possibility to customize single Attributes but as far I can see it makes no sense in your case.

What I did with your drawing:
I brought the Linetype scale on the same denominator (1),
I changed the Linetype for the Layer "Area of WB" and Layer "Features",
All Attributes are now controlled "By Layer".
Apse Ramp Plan_mod.dwg
(363.15 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
Hope this info will help you to come back on track? Will it?
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

jackieh

Post by jackieh » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Thank you - it did help! Although, in my defence, I inherited the weird global linetype scale from the architect - but I didn't think to even look there. No wonder there were problems.

Hopefully, next time I have to use one of his drawings, I will remember to reset this.

While I am here, may I ask whether it will soon be possible to fade photos in QCAD - it was a query of mine a few months back, and was registered as a bug. Very soon, I will be working with orthophotos again, and it would be fantastically useful for when I want linework overlays to show up.

Best wishes, Jackie

Husky

Post by Husky » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:44 pm

jackieh wrote:Thank you - it did help!
Glad to hear that .... anytime!
jackieh wrote:... I inherited the weird global linetype scale from the architect
Yep - I know what you are talking about ... :wink:
jackieh wrote:While I am here, may I ask whether it will soon be possible to fade photos in QCAD - it was a query of mine a few months back, and was registered as a bug. Very soon, I will be working with orthophotos again, and it would be fantastically useful for when I want linework overlays to show up.
It's already implemented:

Select Bitmap and check below: Property Editor / Specific Properties / Fade

jackieh

Post by jackieh » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:43 am

Thanks - I shall check that out.

Jackie

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”