Another orthophotograph problem

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

jackieh

Another orthophotograph problem

Post by jackieh » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:16 pm

Hi again
I also have two drawings where I can't see the orthophotographs, even though they are in the same folder. This is two out of a group of 10 from the same surveyor. At first, I thought it was because the jpg files were too large (in excess of 100MB), and making them smaller did make them visible (but also at an incorrect scale). The surveyor kindly sent new dwgs and new jpgs, renamed and with the jpgs smaller (still 64 MB, but QCAD didn't have a problem with this size in the other dwgs) but I still can't see them, even though they are in the same folder.

Any suggestions? My OS is windows 10 (64-bit) and QCAD is version 3.16.7. I've attached the drawing, but for obvious reasons not the linked jpg. It might help if I could check the name of the linked file in the QCAD dwg, but I can't find out how to do that.

Looking forward to hearing from you (again!)
Jackie
Attachments
SC_EE_Elev_N_LowerR.dwg
(43.63 KiB) Downloaded 408 times

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Another orthophotograph problem

Post by Husky » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Hi Jackie .... again :wink:

Honestly - I'm a little bit fishing in muddy water :(

However, lets try to circle the problem!
jackieh wrote:This is two out of a group of 10 from the same surveyor.
The 8 working pics are all smaller in size?
jackieh wrote:At first, I thought it was because the jpg files were too large (in excess of 100MB), and making them smaller did make them visible (but also at an incorrect scale).
Whats about to cut the image in 2 or 4 pieces to keep the scale?
jackieh wrote:The surveyor kindly sent new dwgs and new jpgs, renamed and with the jpgs smaller (still 64 MB, but QCAD didn't have a problem with this size in the other dwgs) but I still can't see them, even though they are in the same folder.
Just to be sure - the Fade setting for that pic is 0, correct?
Husky-2017.06.08-01.png
Husky-2017.06.08-01.png (11.32 KiB) Viewed 5299 times
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

jackieh

Post by jackieh » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:06 am

Hi Husky
Thanks for looking into this for me. Thanks to my developer husband, we seem to have solved the problem. Although the surveyor made the file size smaller, turns out he reduced the compression but not the size of the image. This meant that the total number of pixels exceeded the number that a 32-bit program can handle. (I hope I have this correct!). So... we (I mean he) reduced the size of each image, using GIMP, by linear half. I could then see it in QCAD fine, but at the wrong size, so I scaled the images up by a factor of 2. I'll send it back to the surveyor to make sure that it is in fact correct, as I don't have anything to check this by.

Hope this is helpful to you as well.
Jackie

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:42 pm

jackieh wrote:Hope this is helpful to you as well.
Hi - yes it is - thanks for the feedback! :D
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”