Bad File?

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Whicked
Newbie Member

Bad File?

Post by Whicked » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:55 pm

I had a surveyor give me a dxf file (attached), as well as a pdf of the same file. Interestingly enough I cannot get either one of these files to print. I've tried exporting as pdf & svg and saving as an earlier version. I am printing to an HP T520 24 inch printer. Can anyone else get it to print ( or even export a pdf that isn't empty) and if so, can you tell me how you did it?
Attachments
212272016.dwg
(170.06 KiB) Downloaded 345 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Bad File?

Post by andrew » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:01 pm

I was able to print the file here just fine.

Most likely, you just have to adjust your scaling, etc:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3317
Attachments
212272016.pdf
(107.06 KiB) Downloaded 354 times

Whicked
Newbie Member

Post by Whicked » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:05 pm

Well, thank you!. I've been messing with it for hours to get it to work. I use QCAD daily, so I do understand what you were saying.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Hello Whicked,
Well, thank you!. I've been messing with it for hours to get it to work. I use QCAD daily, so I do understand what you were saying.
I noticed in your drawing that many entities are with "Z" values which will lead to more problems. "Z" Values are used in 3D drawings. I recommend to use the "Flatten Drawing to 2D" feature/tool in QCAD to eliminate all those Z settings.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”