No hierarchical layers, no layer colors in layer list

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

dfriasb

No hierarchical layers, no layer colors in layer list

Post by dfriasb » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:16 pm

Hello all,

I'm user of QCAD Pro from a year ago. I used hierarchical layers, but a few days ago I decided to disable it just to see what happened with layer names and so on. The problem is that right now I don't know how to enable again them! I looked everywhere and I didn't see the option.
I have another doubt, regarding to the color of the layer. I can see in some of your screenshots that you can "preview" your layer color in the layer toolbar. I cannot, I just see the visibility, the lock/unlock icon, and the name of the layer; but not the color.

I'm using 3.12.8.0 version in OS X.
David Frías Barranco | architect
[email protected] | davidfriasarquitecto.es

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Hierarchical layer list

Post by andrew » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:30 pm

dfriasb wrote:The problem is that right now I don't know how to enable again them!
Edit > Application Preferences > Widgets > Layer List
Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 13.22.25.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-10 at 13.22.25.png (112.24 KiB) Viewed 5531 times
You might have to restart QCAD after changing the preference.
I have another doubt, regarding to the color of the layer. I can see in some of your screenshots that you can "preview" your layer color in the layer toolbar. I cannot, I just see the visibility, the lock/unlock icon, and the name of the layer; but not the color.
Colors should always be visible in the layer list if you are using QCAD Professional. Could it be that you are using the free QCAD Community Edition? QCAD CE has no hierarchical layers and no colors in the layer list. You can check under QCAD > About QCAD.

As a QCAD Professional user, please make sure that you always download QCAD by clicking the download link that was sent to you via e-mail or from our online shop as described on our web site.

dfriasb

Re: No hierarchical layers, no layer colors in layer list

Post by dfriasb » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:52 pm

I checked it looks like I'm using QCAD Pro version. I copy&paste text in "About QCAD Professional" window, on the QCAD Pro menu:

QCAD Professional

Version:
3.12.8.0 (3.12.8)
Internet:
QCAD.org
Build Date:
Feb 17 2016
Revision:
3f0a98c
Qt Version:
Architecture:
x86_64
Compiler:
Clang 7.0.2

I just downloaded last update from RibbonSoft website and tried again, but it's happening the same thing with hierarchical layers and colors in the layer tool widget.
David Frías Barranco | architect
[email protected] | davidfriasarquitecto.es

andrew
Site Admin

Re: No hierarchical layers, no layer colors in layer list

Post by andrew » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:06 pm

You might have to reset your configuration by deleting the file ~/.config/QCAD/QCAD3.ini as described in detail at:
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3325

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”