Exploded Geometry and Block from same Geometry are scaled differently in Paper Space/Viewport, regarding Linetype Scale

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

giocad
Newbie Member

Exploded Geometry and Block from same Geometry are scaled differently in Paper Space/Viewport, regarding Linetype Scale

Post by giocad » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:02 am

First off, congratulations for the wonderful software!

However, I am having a (small) issue with Linetype Scale, which, most likely, arises from my limited knowledge of QCAD Professional (Version 3.27.8.0, Windows 10), kindly excuse my ignorance.

Two identical Geometries (for illustration purposes, Squares with Diagonals) in Model Space (with Linetype: Hidden, and Linetype Scale: 100, set explicitly and NOT inherited from the Layer), the second of which is just the first made into a Block, look different in Paper Space. The Exploded Square has Hidden Lines, as it should, but the Block Square does NOT.

Screenshot 2023-03-16 025312.jpg
Screenshot 2023-03-16 025312.jpg (217.81 KiB) Viewed 3410 times
Screenshot 2023-03-16 025421.jpg
Screenshot 2023-03-16 025421.jpg (284.3 KiB) Viewed 3410 times

Apparently, the Linetype Scale of the Exploded Square and of the Block Square is scaled differently. For the Block Square to look identical once again its Linetype Scale has to be changed to 100/50 = 2 (Scale of 1:50).

Any thoughts are greatly appreaciated, thanks in advance!

Steps to Replicate (executed in the attached Drawing):

Test.dwg
(17.61 KiB) Downloaded 196 times

- Application Preferences > Layer > Compatibility > Layer 0 behaves like a regular Layer (QCAD).
- Drawing Unit, Paper Unit, and Measurement System: Meter, Millimeter, and Metric, respectively.
- Global Linetype Scale: 1.
- Scale of linetypes matches the scale of each viewport: Checked.
- Screen-Based Linetypes: Unchecked.
- Since Layer 0 behaves like a regular Layer, for sake of simplicity everything is drawn on Layer 0.
- Create Geometry in Model(*Model_Space):
Draw Rectangle with Size (RS): 5 x 5
Draw Line from 2 Points (LI): Diagonals of Rectangle.
- Select All (TA) Geometry, and modify Properties (GP):
Modify Linetype: Hidden.
Modify Linetype Scale: 100.
- Copy (MV) Geometry, Keep Original, Select Copy, and Create Block from Selection (BC).
- The two Squares with Diagonals, the Original (Exploded) Square and the Copied (Block) Square, are identical, the only difference being that the Copied Square is actually a Block.

- Switch to Layout1(*Paper_Space).
- Click Drawing Preferences icon.
- Printing > Page
Page Orientation: Landscape
Paper Size: ISO A2
Viewport Scale: 1:1
Show Paper Borders: Checked
Point Size (mm): 0.5
- Click Single Page icon.
- Add Viewport (VT)
Scale: 1:50
- The two identical Squares with Diagonals are NOT identical, the Original (Exploded) Square has Hidden lines, as it should, but the Copied (Block) Square does NOT.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Exploded Geometry and Block from same Geometry are scaled differently in Paper Space/Viewport, regarding Linetype Sc

Post by Husky » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:58 am

giocad wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:02 am
However, I am having a (small) issue with Linetype Scale, which, most likely, arises from my limited knowledge of QCAD Professional (Version 3.27.8.0, Windows 10), kindly excuse my ignorance.
Nope - it isn't you! :wink:
I consider that as a bug existing since QCAD version < 3.25.2.0. It was reported earlier but the user unfortunately didn't filed a bugreport.
https://www.qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic. ... ker#p40202

Thanks for reporting the issue - I will file a bugreport by myself: :wink:

Bugreport: https://www.qcad.org/bugtracker/index.p ... sk_id=2459
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

giocad
Newbie Member

Re: Exploded Geometry and Block from same Geometry are scaled differently in Paper Space/Viewport, regarding Linetype Sc

Post by giocad » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:17 pm

Thanks Husky for your prompt response, for the confirmation, and for filing a bug report for this issue!

It was driving me crazy yesterday, hope it gets fixed soon. It is just awkward to have to treat two identical objects in two different ways to get them to print the same, just because one of the two is made into a Block (apparently Blocks are scaled slightly differently than regular geometry, with respect to Linetype Scale).

Other than this (small) issue, happy new user of QCAD!

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:32 pm

giocad wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:17 pm
It was driving me crazy yesterday, hope it gets fixed soon.
Good news! It is already fixed and most likely available with the next QCAD update. :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

giocad
Newbie Member

Post by giocad » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:39 pm

Husky wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:32 pm
giocad wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:17 pm
It was driving me crazy yesterday, hope it gets fixed soon.
Good news! It is already fixed and most likely available with the next QCAD update. :wink:
That was quick, efficient developers, great news! I guess I just had to be patient. Thanks again for your support.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”