(SOLVED) Add More Sides to View Border?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

XX852

(SOLVED) Add More Sides to View Border?

Post by XX852 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:41 pm

The viewport has four sides, which will generally handle most designs. However, my paper space usually has the title block in the bottom right, and I want to avoid having my rectangular viewport cover that block.

I want to know, can I change the viewport from a rectangular shape to one that has more sides so that I can work around the title block?
Last edited by XX852 on Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For those who are curious, my username is the model number of the first blue-beam laser pointer I bought.

ryancousins
Premier Member

Re: Add More Sides to View Border?

Post by ryancousins » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:46 pm

There is no way to change the viewport from a rectangle. However, I'm curious how your viewport and title block interfere with one another. Would it be possible to upload your drawing so we can take a look? Maybe there is some other fix for the issue you're having.

XX852

Re: Add More Sides to View Border?

Post by XX852 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:54 pm

Posting the drawing examples will not be necessary, since I came across a solution that I overlooked.

When I asked the question, it was mostly due to me wanting to figure out what to do with the borders of the viewport. I did not realize that I could hide the viewport borders from view without hiding the things in the viewport.
For those who are curious, my username is the model number of the first blue-beam laser pointer I bought.

ryancousins
Premier Member

Re: (SOLVED) Add More Sides to View Border?

Post by ryancousins » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:09 pm

Excellent. I presume you figured out that you can create a separate layer just for your viewports and make that layer non-plottable. In addition, there is an option in Edit>Application Preferences>File>Print Preview to "Show only plottable layers", so you don't even have to show the viewport boundary box in your layout/paper space if you don't want.

XX852

Re: (SOLVED) Add More Sides to View Border?

Post by XX852 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:10 pm

Yep, that was method.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”