How to add background color to text

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

solverworld
Registered Member

How to add background color to text

Post by solverworld » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:23 pm

I am drawing contour lines for parking lot illumination and I would like them to be labeled. I am doing this programmatically with a Python script that generates a dxf file which read into QCAD (either by opening the file or importing it into another drawing).

What I have so far looks like this:
Screenshot from 2021-04-04 18-15-38.png
Screenshot from 2021-04-04 18-15-38.png (1.57 KiB) Viewed 2190 times
The problem is I would like the text to mask out the line (a lwpolyline) where it covers it.

I am using ezdxf https://ezdxf.readthedocs.io/en/master/ ... mtext.html and setting text background color (both background fill and specific colors) and it does not show up in QCAD. I have also tried using a wipeout region which is supposed to set an area back to the background color. It also does not show in QCAD.

My question is does QCAD support setting text background colors or wipeout regions? Is there a way to do this from the QCAD program? If there is, then I should be able to figure out the correct way to set this in the dxf file I am creating.

If it does not support this, is there another way to hide the contour line behind the text? I have tried using a hatch region with a solid color, but that requires that I know the background color of the drawing that the contour will be imported into.

Using:
Linux Ubuntu 20.04
QCAD Pro version 3.26.1.0

andrew
Site Admin

Re: How to add background color to text

Post by andrew » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:52 am

I can confirm that neither wipeouts nor text background color are supported in QCAD at this point.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”